The admin username at one time was the default Username when starting a new blog or site, so a hacker will use a robot to scourer the web for WordPress websites that still use admin as their username. If you are still using Admin, just change it, it\’s very simple.
There\’s 2 main steps:
- Add a new user with Administrative permissions
- Delete the Admin User
Step 1 Adding a new user
This is pretty simple. Login to your dashboard.
- On the left column Click on User
- Click on New User
File in the required fields, your first and last name, and be sure to add your new User as an administrator from the drop-down menu.
Step 2 Delete the Admin User
This is pretty simple.
- From the dashboard go to Users
- Add a check mark to the box to the left of Admin
- Select Delete from the drop down menu and click on apply and confirm
That\’s it, it\’s that simple.