The admin username at one time was the default Username when starting a new blog or site, so a hacker will use a robot to scourer the web for WordPress websites that still use admin as their username. If you are still using Admin, just change it, it’s very simple.
There’s 2 main steps:
- Add a new user with Administrative permissions
- Delete the Admin User
The easy Steps
Step 1 Adding a new user
This is pretty simple. Login to your dashboard.
- On the left column Click on User
- Click on New User
File in the required fields, your first and last name and be sure to add your new User as an administrator from the drop down menu.
Step 2 Delete the Admin User
This is pretty simple.
- From the dashboard go to Users
- Add a check mark to the box to the left of Admin
- Select Delete from the drop down menu and click on apply and confirm
That’s it, it’s that simple.