Over the last several years photo Gallery Plugins have taken on new ways to make it easier to manage your images as well as new ways to create unique presentations.
Table of Contents
Who Should Have A Photo Gallery?
Now that Google, Bing, and other search engines use images in their ranking algorithm, everyone should be using a photo gallery plugin especially
- Photographers who need to showcase or sell their photographs
- Real Estate Sites that list houses and employees.
- Travel Destinations like resorts, B&Bs, and activities. Photos are the preferred way to engage views and emotions.
- Custom Jewelry photos
- Business products or services
- Company Team-employees
- Home services or products are one of the strongest examples of why you should use images. Over 60% of sales come from an image link.
- eCommerce Sites
These are a few of the industries or services that can take advantage of an online photo gallery. If you’re not sure search Google Images for your product or services.
Preparing Images for The Web
Optimizing Your Images
There are 3 ways to optimize your photos or images.
- Make sure the image is crystal clear and will stand out when alongside its peers (like in Google Images)
- Use the right size image for its space.
- Optimize the photo or image so it’s lightweight and can be downloaded or uploaded to the browser as fast as possible.
One of the standard plugins I use on almost every site is Jetpack and it comes with a Lazy Loading for images. This lets the images above the fold load first and then the images under the fold load afterward.
I do not like to use off-site services that Speedup Image load time because this limits ratings in the search engines. That’s just my preference and please feel free to use these if you wish.
Envira Gallery Addons
Currently, there are 30 add-ons that you can access right from the plugin on your website.
it’s very easy to add an Addon with just 2 clicks, the same as adding a plugin from the WordPress Plugin Directory. One click to install and another click to activate. Add of course you can download the plugin and all the add-ons from the Envira Gallery Website and then upload them, but for me, it’s easier just to add while on the site.
Some of the Standard Addons I Always Use on my sites and clients.
- Albums let you group photos and galleries together.
- CSS Addon Create a different different design for each gallery
- Deeplinking helps with SEO.
- Defaults This Addon helps save time by customizing the settings.
- Gallery Themes includes 5 beautiful gallery layouts.
- Protection stops viewers from down loading your images.
- Social Sharing lets you share your photos on your social networks
- Tags allows you to add tags to each photo and in the future, you can create a gallery by the tags.
Images on the website are a very valuable asset. Its true images are worth 1000 words and evoke emotions and ideas in a fraction of a second.
Envira Gallery can take your images to a whole new level in search engines and present products and locations in a whole new light.